Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Take on the 'Guin Part III

I'll make this concise... Ubuntu Live CD popped in, everything worked except for the dual monitor. Gnome GUI wasn't as impressive as the SUSE, but I quickly committed myself to the distro anyway. 2 o'clock midnight saw myself still clicking on the screen...

Here is the list of a few things I worked out so far:

  • Dual monitor setup
  • Input method
  • Updating, patching system

Quote from my MSN conversation with guru tyang -

"Help, where is the firefox installed? I can't seem to find it anywhere... oh, it's right here in /usr/lib/, called mozilla-firefox."

Now you know how I was combating the Penguin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger yfabian said...

I didn't seem to say anything useful :-)

Actually I haven't been seriously using Linux for such a long time, I forgot a lot. I guess I'm just spoiled by OS X.

5/19/2005 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home