Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mobile Phone

OK, I was excited when I got my new phone yesterday. I called T-Mobile customer service to port my old SprintPCS number, and waited, and waited, and today, waited. Nothing happened.

Finally after dinner I thought I should give them a call to check what was going on. It turned out, suprisingly, instead of putting the old number on the new phone, they simply added to my account. As results, new phone new number, old phone old number, and old number in new account like an orphan (no MS attached).

Hopefully they straighted it out by now. And the wait started again...

[Update 7/29]: Interesting enough, the second CSR didn't fix the problem. She grabbed the number from SprintPCS, but couldn't associate it to my new phone. So, around 10 PM I called again. This time the 3rd CSR transferred me to a 2nd-tier tech support, who solved the problem in 2 minutes by manually overriding the system. Now everything works fine and I'm happy with the slick new toy. T-Mobile CSRs were very nice courteous, but don't expect your call will get immediately answered (I was on hold for over 20 minutes).

Only one complaint about the phone - it is difficult to flip open the phone with one hand.

4 Comments:

Blogger yfabian said...

What model did you get?

I saw commercial of Motorola's RAZR on TV, and it seems to be really cool. My contract is expiring this month. I wonder if I should take the trouble and get it :)

7/29/2005 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger FEDERVOL said...

RAZR is what I got.

7/29/2005 06:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to get a RAZR too. It is on sale at Cingular. However my contract is not over yet. It will in Oct. But seems more and more ppl are using this cell phone now. Just like a month after I bought my Sony Ericsson T610, it is in everyone's pocket.

8/01/2005 12:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got the same phone last week:DDD with t-mobile 1000 anytime minutes promotion...

8/09/2005 11:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home